Lynne Hammond was the Director of Programmes for the Business Cluster located in the Graduate School, Acting Course Leader for the Executive MBA Fashion and Course Director of Strategic Fashion Marketing at London College of Fashion (LCF), between January 2013 and April 2015.
Previously her role was Director of International Partnerships and Development at LCF, managing the college International projects and partnerships between 2009 and 2013. In this role, she managed a number of strategic collaborative academic partnerships and initiatives sponsored and funded by UNIDO, the British Council and Industrial Organisations. She lived in Istanbul for two years 2006-2008, acting as a consultant for the European Union Fashion and Textile Cluster Project, and LCF.
There are active projects in Bangladesh, China, Sri Lanka, Turkey and India. These projects have varying objectives but have a shared overall aim of transferring knowledge concerning global supply chains, international employability, best practice in teaching and learning and how to embed ethical and sustainable practice into the curriculum and the industry. She is responsible for managing a team of experts and consultants that deliver a range of academic and industrial programmes that support the strategic needs of the countries served. In particular she had directed the establishment of the new Centre of Export and Product Development in Dhaka as part of the BGMEA/BIFT strategic developments.
She is currently working with UNIDO acting as a consultant for the National Performance Cluster. This project is part of The Better Work in Textiles & Garment (BWTG) programme which is a component of the Better Work & Standards Programme (BEST) and is funded by the EU with co- funding from NORAD. The programme is implemented by UNIDO with additional support from GIZ.
She has expertise in the areas of clustering strategies, international development strategies, global supply chains, marketing and branding .
Experience and Skills
Projects2012 – 2015 Director of Programmes for Postgraduate Business and Management at LCF and Acting Course Director for EMBA Fashion at LCF.
- Arts.ac.uk teaching profile
- Arts.ac.uk staff profile
- Business Educator/Researcher for the creative industries
- Business Consultant International Markets, India, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
- Fashion Business Consultant, International Strategies and SME Startup strategies
Links to publications and reports undertaken for international clients and organisations
- Asian Tribune - London Fashion Courses at Moratuwa University
- Modayla Tanışma Günleri ‘Open Day’ in Haziran Ayı Konuğu; Dr. Lynne Hammond
- Paraaa - All Silk Yards press release
- Best BD Report - January 2012
- Best BD Report - October 2012
- LCF News: LCF collaborative project explores retail skills gap between UK and India
- LCF News: Ideators – next generation entrepreneurs